Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Another Day in the Life

Mel at Slightly Crunchy Catholic suggested posting a day in the life, so I thought I'd give it a try.

This was actually our day yesterday, April 2.

Erol was up and off to work at his usual early hour. Kwamai got up at about 7:30 and played on the computer. I woke up, on and off, for quite a while, but as Felicity enjoys pinning me to the bed as she wakes up and nurses, we both finally got fully awake at around 9. We did our morning hygiene tasks, and she was off to a few minutes of watching Wiggly Safari.

We all had breakfast. I've completely forgotten what it was.

I did some clean up (that chronic task that never ends) while Felicity danced to the "Pata Pata CD" (aka A Child's Celebration of the World), and Kwamai watched an Avatar movie on the computer.

We went out for a walk/pilgrimage/nature study/exercize. We took the route down the steps near our house that lead downtown, and we walked all the way to the big statue of the Immaculate Heart of Mary at the Polish parish near the bottom of the steps. Kwamai looked for little bugs and interesting flowers and plants and Felicity had all the practice her little heart desired in climbing down steps and counting. We admired the old houses and ... whatever the opposite of admired is... all the trash that we saw along the way, and made a mental note to bring trash bags along the next time we walked that route. We discussed the dangers of chewing tobacco as we encountered a man who was imbibing some on our way home.

Upon arriving home we decided to clean up all the trash immediately around our own house, a much needed job. Kwamai played outside while I made lunch. After lunch, Kwamai was back outside to play, Felicity watched a Barney video about Manners, I had my "quiet time". Then I washed a few windows while Felicity "helped" and Kwamai kept on playing. Felicity joined Kwamai in the neighbor's yard, I read some of the Catholic newspaper, then I did a load of laundry and got dinner moving. We all went to the playground (with a few neighbor kids along). Upon returning home, Kwamai and Felicity had baths. After Erol came home we all had dinner, got dressed, and went to the Chrism Mass at the Cathedral. Upon returning home I was so exhausted I went straight to bed, skipping our family rosary :(. Felicity eventually figured out where I was and joined me in bed, and Erol got Kwamai off to sleep by 10. And a good sleep was had by all!

No comments: