Monday, January 21, 2008

Felicity Has a New Bedroom!

Whoo-Hoo! Somehow the transition has happened to Felicity sleeping in her own bedroom. What helped, of course, was the fact that I finally sorted through all of the baby clothes, cleaned out the closet, took down (ahem) the co-sleeper, and other things I've been meaning to do but just haven't gotten to with such a ... young... baby around. Ok, so Felicity officially turned 2.75 on Sunday, but she was born just yesterday, or at least that's what my organization seems to reflect.

I would post pictures, but she's upstairs sleeping in it right now. Of course, I wake up in there more often than not, because she calls out for me and before I wake up I respond and go there so she can nuzzle up with her favorite comfort items. Some day I imagine she will stop that, but I do actually get more sleep than if she climbs on me or if I can hear her every peep right next to me all night, or if Kwamai nudges her awake. I still have hyper-reactive Mommy ears.

Each day the room looks more civilized. Today I put her toy box, her dresser and all of her clothes in the room, and tonight, at her request, I hung some pictures and a crucifix. She wanted a picture of Mary, one of Jesus, one of Mary and Baby Jesus, and one of Jesus in his manger (or he's manger, as she says). I managed to fulfill each request. She was concerned that there are sharks in her room, but I assured her that sharks sleep too, and are rather friendly anyway. So she decided she will also share her room with fishies, seahorses and whales.

And then there's Kwamai. He is more afraid of the dark and of being alone now than he ever has been. He is now the lone occupant of the extra bed wedged in the parental bedroom. Perhaps by the time it gets warm and light at night again he'll be ready to shift.

No comments: