Monday, January 14, 2008

Catching up

Here is it mid-January already and I've let two and a half weeks of cute kid things slide by unrecorded. For shame. Let's see if I can pull some interesting tidbits out of my memory.

Kwamai is super-duper keen on starting karate, and I plan to call the school to see when we can get him started. He spends so much time daily doing his version of martial arts, and I would like to see him learn to do it safely (especially for him to learn how not to karate chop little sisters). Truly I have never seen a 6 year old as muscular as he is. If he were my size I know he could pin me to the ground with one arm.

Felicity keeps coming up with cutisms. At the Pancake Breakfast on Sunday she pointed out "Look Mama, there's a snowdeer." You know, that's what Santa pulls his sleigh with.

Their latest comedy routine together is for Kwamai to say part of a phrase and Felicity to finish it. Their favorites are "What the....." "heck?" and "Our Lady of Guadalu..." "pe"

On cue this evening as we sat down to dinner, both of them started crying over how much they hated what was being served. (The culprit was a chicken and rice casserole.) The enticement I gave to win over Kwamai made Felicity more adamantly against it: portobello mushroom sauce! Kwamai decided he loved it and gobbled up two platefuls. Felicity has been feeling a little off anyway and made a dinner out of a few carrots instead. In truth, although it was mushroom sauce I don't think it the broth was from portobellos anyway, but at least it got some dinner into them. Sigh.

No comments: